Car Accident Injuries and Losses
When you call 911 after a crash, they should send both emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and law enforcement officers to the scene. If the EMTs believe you have severe injuries, you might need an ambulance ride to the hospital. If not, you can stay at the scene and ensure that the police get your version of what happened.
Even if you do not need emergency transportation, it is still always wise to get checked out by medical professionals. Going to the emergency room, urgent care, or your physician’s office will make sure that any injuries you have will be diagnosed in a timely fashion. Sometimes, injuries might not be obvious right after the crash, as you might be in shock or think that discomfort is normal to feel. However, getting a diagnosis as soon as you can is critical to not only get the medical treatment you need but also for the purposes of future insurance or legal claim.
If you’ve been injured in a Columbus car accident, you deserve to be compensated for your expenses
- Medical bills – For every bit of treatment that you receive, you will certainly receive the bills. We all know that medical treatment is expensive, and the bills will start piling up right away. You can quickly become overwhelmed, especially if you need hospitalization, surgery, or other invasive treatment.
- Future medical costs – Even if you have not received certain treatment, you still have the right to seek compensation for that future treatment. Medical experts can estimate what your future treatments will cost, and a Columbus car accident lawyer can include them in your claim for compensation.
- Lost income – Many different types of injuries can prevent you from working. You might need to miss work for medical treatment, or your injuries might cause impairments that keep you from performing your job. If you missed work and lost income, that is considered to be an accident-related loss.
- Lost future income – Some car accident injuries are catastrophic, and they result in permanent disabilities and impairments. This can mean you will have to find a lower-paying job, or you might not be able to work at all. With the help of occupational and economic experts, we can determine how much future income you will lose due to the crash.
- Intangible losses – Not all losses are based on money, as some are intangible. These include pain and suffering, mental trauma, permanent disfigurement or disabilities, and more.
Often, calculating losses can be a complicated task, and you want the help of a trusted legal professional to ensure you do not miss out on any losses when you file your claim.
A Columbus Car Accident Lawyer Can Get You The Compensation You Deserve
In addition to your physical recovery, it is important to seek financial recovery for your losses from liable parties. Parties are liable when they acted negligently, and their negligence led to the crash.
Common examples of negligence in Columbus car accident claims:
- Intoxicated driving
- Distracted driving
- Running red lights
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving
- Road rage
- Violating other traffic laws
- Not maintaining a vehicle
- Defective vehicle parts
- Dangerous road hazards
We can evaluate what caused your crash and injuries and determine which parties should be liable for your losses. Then, we can take the following steps for you:
- Calculate your past and future losses
- Prepare and file insurance claims with the proper companies
- Handle all communications with the insurance adjuster
- Review insurance settlement offers and determines whether they are adequate to cover all your losses
- File a personal injury lawsuit in civil court if an insurance settlement is not sufficient
- Handle the litigation process, including settlement negotiations
- If no settlement agreement is reached, we will represent you at trial
Discuss a Possible Claim With A Columbus Car Accident Lawyer Today
The Jones Firm has a strong dedication to helping Columbus car accident victims. Columbus car accident lawyer Geoff Jones has felt the personal tragedy of a fatal car accident, and our firm now strives to hold negligent or wrongful drivers fully responsible for any harm they cause. If you want to know more about your rights as an injured crash victim, contact us right away for a free case evaluation.